Thursday, February 28, 2008

An iDog For Me

Seriously, I think I'm going to pick up one of these since Sequoia doesn't groove around when I hit play on my mp3 player. I know he'll dance or change color depending on the type of music but I wonder how the iDog would react to a podcast of book reviews or various community radio shows? I'll report my findings at a later date...after I find one of these nifty little guys.
Podcasts were fairly new to me before I began this Project Play lesson. I realized after reviewing some of the suggested podcasts that I have, in fact, listened to podcasts before from OPAL on my PC - I just didn't realize that was the name for what I was listening to. Ah-ha moment! Now that I have been introduced to this larger world of listening, I am going to need even more time in my day. Wouldn't it be nice if Leap Year days could be designated for catch up on all of the reading, and listening, that one has gathered in the previous four years (or maybe four months is more reasonable!)
I am in awe of the huge variety of classes offered by Orange County Library System. I like that they have podcasts of their programs as well as a link to thier class on how to create your own podcast. I imagine such a class would be especially popular with our YA crowd. I also think classes and space to try podcasting, and other cool techie things, would be popular, relevant, and of interest to the retiring Baby Boom population.

3 comments:

Stef Morrill said...

That idea of creating a "podcast studio" of sorts is a really great one. I think it would appeal to all ages of people.

And I hear ya about just needing more time in the day! But the great thing I've discovered about podcasts is that I can slap them on my ipod very quickly and listen to them in the car! I've now become a complete addict!!!

Amy said...

I, too, shared your ah-ha moment of "Oh yeah, OPAL sessions are podcasts." Love those little epiphanies; and I love your blog. It's so content rich.

Pinky said...

keep us posted if you should decide to get an iDog. I'm fascinated, but have never seen one in action.